Need of ISO 9001:2015 (QMS)
ISO 9001:2008 is the Universal Standard which is permissible to all type of Organisations whether Manufacturing or Service Sector. It is probable to all type of organisations irrespective of size and nature of business including Proprietorship, Partnership, Private Limited , Public Limited or the Government Undertakings.
Benefits of ISO certification:
A lot of economic, social and technical benefits are gained with ISO certification:
1. The production, development and supply of products and services become more safe and efficient.
2. ISO certification sets new goals to be achieved and continuous improvement becomes possible to be achieved.
3. It is also possible for the management of the organization certified to monitor the progress step by step to achieve the goals of standard products. Furthermore, productivity is increased as a result of improved process due to improved qualification of employees.
4. International trade becomes fairer.
5. Provision of safe products and services to consumers becomes possible.
6. The ISO certified company can compete at international level.
7. The new technologies which achieve the ISO certificate have the possibility to be implemented in the production process.
8. The developing countries gain advanced technical knowledge when they have to implement the standers for production with their scares resources.
9. Quality of life in general improves as everyone is ensured of the provision of safe products and services.
10. Global environment is assured to be safe with International standers for goods and services to be produced which are environment friendly.
The ISO 9000 family addresses various aspects of quality management and contains some of ISO’s best known standards. The standards provide guidance and tools for companies and organizations who want to ensure that their products and services consistently meet customer’s requirements, and that quality is consistently improved.
Standards in the ISO 9000 family include:
- ISO 9001:2015 – sets out the requirements of a quality management system
- ISO 9000:2015 – covers the basic concepts and language
- ISO 9004:2009 – focuses on how to make a quality management system more efficient and effective
- ISO 19011:2011 – sets out guidance on internal and external audits of quality management systems.
ISO 9001:2015 sets out the criteria for a quality management system and is the only standard in the family that can be certified to (although this is not a requirement). It can be used by any organization, large or small, regardless of its field of activity. In fact, there are over one million companies and organizations in over 170 countries certified to ISO 9001.
This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. These principles are explained in more detail in the pdf Quality Management Principles. Using ISO 9001:2015 helps ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services, which in turn brings many business benefits.
ISO 9001 has been updated
ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems has recently been revised.
Learn more about the revision of ISO 9001:2015 on our revision page or watch the video below.
Get an overview of ISO 9001 in this powerpoint presentation.
Certification to ISO 9001:2015
Checking that the system works is a vital part of ISO 9001:2015. It is recommended that an organization performs internal audits to check how its quality management system is working. An organization may decide to invite an independent certification body to verify that it is in conformity to the standard, but there is no requirement for this. Alternatively, it might invite its clients to audit the quality system for themselves. Read more about certification to management system standards.
Learn more about transitioning from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO9001:2015.